The City of West Hollywood's One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival celebrates pride in 2018 with the festival theme “I Remember” - honoring our shared history, and the people and events that paved the way for the rights we hold dear today. One City One Pride consists of art events and exhibits - mostly free! - between May 22 through June 30 (Harvey Milk Day through the end of June Pride month).
Some highlights of One City One Pride 2018 are:
- May 22: Kick-off reception and a staged reading of Dear Harvey with Celebration Theatre
- May 30: Lillian Faderman presents her new book, Harvey Milk, His Lives and Death as part of our WeHo Reads series
- June 2: a full day of screenings and panels including sneak peeks at new documentaries on the West Hollywood Aquatics Team and Connie Norman, transgender AIDS activist
- June 13: composer Craig Hella Johnson presents a preview of Considering Matthew Shepard and a Q & A as part of the 20th anniversary commemoration of Matthew Shepard's death
- June 19: Celebration Theatre presents the Chuck Rowland Award to Billy Porter
- June 20: screening of "When Bette Met Mae," about the first meeting of Bette Davis and Mae West at a dinner party in West Hollywood
- June 22-23: New Stages present Heroic Lives, an original musical based on the life stories of, and performed by, LGBTQ seniors
- June 24: Summer Sounds concert with Mariachi Arcoiris, the world's only LGBTQ mariachi
- June 30: TransLifeLA PoPUp Film Festival
One City One Pride is organized by the City of West Hollywood's Arts Division. Please visit the WeHo Arts program pages for more info.
For information regarding street closures during the LA Pride Parade and LA Pride Festival, please click here.
You can view this year's printed guide (2018) here: www.weho.org/residents/weho-arts-and-culture/2018-one-city-one-pride-lgbtq-arts-festival
For a trip down memory lane, you can view last year's guide (2017) here: http://bit.ly/OneCityOnePride2017
Please follow or tag any social media posts with #onecityonepride @wehopride and @wehoarts
If you have additional questions about One City One Pride please email Mike Che, One City One Pride coordinator/City of West Hollywood's Arts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
One City One Pride also includes these visual art exhibitions for 2018: