7:00 PM – Social Gathering & Binary Detox - Mix and mingle with others interested in Gender Fluid, Nonbinary Identities. Water, light snacks, and welcoming environment will be provided.
7:30 PM – Safe Space Opens with Ancestral Wisdom - Elders from the LGBTQ+ and allied community will open a safe space with ancestral wisdom. Participants are also encouraged to bring their own quotes about Gender Fluid / Nonbinary Identities
8:00 PM – Oral History Project Segments & Discussion
- Featured segments from THE LAVENDER EFFECT Gender Fluid Oral History Project will be screened, followed by facilitated group discussion. Individual videos are a primer for discussion about specific topics including genderfluidity, binary/non-binary, preferred pronouns, social constructs, gender etiquette, historic milestones, gender dysphoria, dual genders, and future obstacles. Videos Segments feature the following pioneering individuals:
- Addie Rose Vincent (they/them/theirs)
- Chandler Wilson (they/them/theirs)
- Rabbi Rachel Bat-Or (Per/Pers)
- Jaxon Cat Williams (He/Him/His)
- Aydin Olson-Kennedy (He/Him/His)
- Maximiliana (they/them/theirs)
- Ann Thomas (She/Her/Hers)
- Casey Weitzman (She/Her/Hers)
Funded through a grant from the City of West Hollywood’s Arts Division.