The 2018 Rainbow Key Awards marks the 25th anniversary of the City of West Hollywood’s honors for people and groups who have made outstanding contributions to the gay and lesbian community.
This year’s honorees are:
- Rudy Akbarian, openly transgender member of the U.S. Army who has served as a mentor to other Trans service members;
- Kathy Griffin, actor-comedian and fierce ally of the community who has helped raise over $5 million for HIV/AIDS services;
- Matt Palazzolo, co-founder of Equal Roots, and a longtime member of the Lesbian and Gay Advisory Board, who passed away in January;
- Brian Pendleton, organizer-philanthropist, founder of CauseForce and a leader of last year’s #ResistMarch;
- Bamby Salcedo, Trans activist who has worked with migration, HIV, youth, LGBT, incarceration, and Latinx communities; and
- Elizabeth Savage, longtime activist who recently retired after 22 years with the City, working for LGBT rights, affordable housing, and aging as part of a vital and diverse community.
Free Admission, No RSVP required.