Please save the dates for 2018: May 22 to June 30, 2018 with a special day of screenings on Saturday June 2, 2018. One City One Pride's theme for 2018 is Remembrance. We have an open design competition for the theme with an award of $550. Deadline December 22, 2017. For more information and to apply: http://bit.ly/ocop2018designcomp.
The City of West Hollywood's One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival celebrated pride in 2017 with the festival theme “Go West”. One City One Pride consists of interactive, performing and visual art events - mostly free! - between May 22 through June 30 (Harvey Milk Day through the end of June Pride month).
You can view the entire brochure and past events here: http://bit.ly/OneCityOnePride2017
The highlights of One City One Pride 2017 are:
- A full Day of History on June 3 with multiple screenings and a tour originally written by the late Stuart Timmons, co-author of “Gay LA” from 11am-1pm.
- A series of free One City One Pride artist-led protest sign-making workshops in the weeks leading to the #ResistMarch on June 11.
- And on June 29, the world premiere of a new documentary about the accomplishments of activist and author Jeanne Cordova.
One City One Pride also included three visual art exhibitions for 2017:
- Lesbians To Watch Out For: 90's LA Activism - at West Hollywood's Plummer Park
- Out There - at Gallery 825
- ONE Archive's LGBTQ History Panel Displays - On the temporary construction fencing surrounding West Hollywood Park (647 N. San Vicente Blvd).
One City One Pride is organized by the City of West Hollywood's WeHo Arts (the City’s Arts & Cultural Affairs Commission and Arts Division) with input from the City’s Lesbian & Gay Advisory Board, Transgender Advisory Board, and other community partners.
Please follow or tag any social media posts with #onecityonepride @wehopride and @wehoarts
If you have additional questions about One City One Pride please email Mike Che, One City One Pride coordinator/City of West Hollywood Arts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding street closures during the #ResistMarch or the LA Pride Festival at West Hollywood Park, click here.